Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday Wish List!


I was originally going to take loyal reader and darn fine distance runner Rick Clendanial’s advice and take today off from blogging in honor of my birthday, but I decided to do a special birthday themed blog instead. So for my birthday, I’m going to share a list of some things that are on my birthday wishlist:

1.       With my wife ready to burst any day now, I need to start the list with a healthy bouncing baby boy and mother of course.

2.       That 2012 is merely a bump and not an end of an era for the Phillies.

3.       If Ruben Amaro goes into full seller mode and it is truly the end, I hope that Philadelphia fans look back fondly on what has been the greatest run any Philadelphia team has ever had and not only on the wouldas, couldas, and shouldas.

4.       That the Men’s 100 Meter Final lives up to what should be the greatest 100 Meter race of all time with Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Yohan Blake, Justin Gatlin and Asafa Powell all doing battle.

5.       Zero positive drug tests in London. (It is a wish list.)

6.       That Philadelphia teams realize that full teams are needed to succeed, and don’t put all their eggs in one basket. (See Sixers and 6’7 swingmen, Phillies and $20 million dollar starting pitchers, Eagles and cornerbacks and Flyers and offensive players)

7.       A healthy year of running for myself and all of my running friends!

8.       Tom Cruise, Bill Cosby, or Will Smith to buy the rights of Chasing Ghosts and make into a Hollywood blockbuster-or if any of our loyal readers would like the rights to make the movie, please make me an offer!

9.       The chance to star in said movie opposite Scarlett Johansson.

10.   A better understanding of this judo match I’m watching.

11.   A year-long membership to the East Falls table tennis club s I can begin preparing for Rio.

12.   Multiple medals for the US in distance running events.

13.   Dwight Howard to accept a trade to Philadelphia.

14.   A young, power hitting third baseman who can catch.

15.   Michael Vick to be correct in his “Dynasty” prediction.

16.   Not to wait twenty-five years for another Philadelphia title.

17.   When I’m ninety-two years old, to be coaching an Olympic medalist, like the coach of Olympic bronze medal winning judo competitor.

18.   A rec league football title. Wooo!


19. Piece #3 in the Acme Sweepstakes

             20.   Millions of web hits for Philly Sports and Running.



21.   A happy, healthy year for all of our fans!


Happy reading and running my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, my man! As for #10, I watched a match on Saturday, the score said 0-0, and some guy still lost. My guess: He was ejected for needing to fix his uniform too many times.

    My gift to you: Check out Team Handball. I'm not even entirely sure of all the rules yet, but, damn if that game ain't exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete